Luton Borough Council
Benefits and financial support
Find out about the financial support you may be entitled to, depending on your circumstances.
- Use the online benefits calculator to enter your details and find out which benefits you can claim.
- Use the government's Help for Households service to see what cost of living support you could be eligible for.
- You may also be able to get a payment to help with the cost of living if you’re getting certain benefits or tax credits - see if you're eligible for a cost of living payment.
- Understand how Universal Credit can support you if you're on a low income or out of work. It includes a monthly payment to help with your living costs.
- Council Tax Reduction (CTR) is available to support vulnerable members of the community, such as pensioners and people with disabilities, with their Council Tax payments.
- Council Tax discounts are available for disabled people, single people, care workers and more - check if you're eligible for a Council Tax discount.
- You may be eligible for support under the Household Support Fund available until 28 February 2023. Check if you are eligible to apply
- Household Support Fund (HSF) may be able to help if you or your family are in severe financial hardship, especially if there's a risk to the health or safety in your household.
- Pension Credit gives you extra money to help with your living costs if you’re over state pension age and on a low income.
- Care related benefits: If you care for someone, you or the person you care for may be able to claim some benefits, allowances or tax reductions.
- The Money Helper service provides free, confidential and impartial help tailored to individual needs.
Other benefits and financial support you may be entitled to:
- you're caring for someone
- you're looking for work
- you're on a low income
- you're disabled or have a health condition
- you're temporarily unable to work
- help with costs and funeral expenses after someone has died
© 2022 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ