Council Tax Reduction - Luton Council
Apply now Upload your documents
Protecting your data
If you claim benefits from us, the way we contact you has changed so that sensitive information about you stays secure. Please read important information here
about creating a Switch account to keep your data safe.
We are proposing to change our working age Council Tax Reduction scheme in April 2020. Please give us your views.
Luton Borough Council Consultations
The Council Tax Reduction scheme changed on the 1 April 2018. The scheme protects a wider vulnerable group of the community and provides the following people with the most support:
- people with disabilities
- low income households with children
- those receiving a War Disablement Pension, War Widow’s or War Widower’s Pension
Working age disabled residents may find they are now asked to pay a contribution to their Council Tax bill where formerly they paid nothing.
Council Tax Reduction is worked out based on:
- your age
- your circumstances (eg number of children, residency status, other adults living with you)
- the money you have coming in - this includes benefits, savings, pensions and all household income
- the amount of council tax you have to pay
Other Help available: