Local Welfare Assistance (LWA)
Our Local Welfare Assistance (LWA) is not currently taking applications. Alternative support is available through the Household Support Fund (HSF).
Find out if you are eligible to apply for Household Support Fund.
We may be able to help you if you:
- are a resident in Luton
- don't have access to enough resources to prevent a serious risk to your own or your family’s health or safety
- are on a low or reduced income or entitled to a qualifying benefit such as:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support allowance
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support
- you cannot prove you are a resident of Luton
- you have been housed in Luton by another local authority
- you do not provide proof of your circumstances (if requested)
- other resources are available to you
We'll assess your application to see if you are eligible for assistance.
We may have to contact you for further information, we may also need proof of your circumstances such as bank statements, proof of residency etc., please ensure you provide a contact telephone number and email address.
Applicants are advised that when a decision is made we will call or email you. Please check your emails regularly. Our telephone number may not display on your phone, ensure you answer all calls or have a messaging facility; we will not make numerous attempts to contact you.
Other sources of help
Search the Luton Directory for local services supporting vulnerable adults, families and children, and young people.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday - 10am to 5pm
Email: [email protected]