Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council

Streetworks and permitting

The Street Works Team, acting as an authority on behalf of Luton Council has introduced a permit scheme which started on the 5th November 2012.

As part of the Network Operations team’s commitment to manage the Network, anyone carrying out works in the highway which need to reduce lanes/widths of the road, “excavations” or placing materials onto and into the Highway will legally need to apply to the Network Operations Team for permission, in advance of their works.

Licences for scaffolding, hoarding, cherry pickers, building materials and skips on the public highway along with Section 50 licences are issued by the Networks Operations Team.

Contact info
Street works
Luton Council, Central Depot, Kingsway, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 8EJ
Tel: 01582 510333

[email protected]


© 2022 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ