Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council

Skip licence


On this page ...

Anyone wishing to deposit a skip on the public highway must obtain a permit from a registered skip hire company.

All skips placed on the public highway require a licence. This licence is obtained by your chosen skip operator.

How do I apply?

To apply for a skip permit, you will need to contact a skip operator, who will then apply for the permit through the Council on your behalf. Download the list below for details of skip operators.

Back to top

What are the conditions?

They are not normally allowed to be positioned on the footway, except if they have been given special permission from an inspector who is satisfied there is no danger to pedestrians or risk of damage to the footway.

Back to top

Where can I get further information?

Your skip operator will be able to advise you further.

Back to top

Registered skip hire companies

The supply of this list below does not mean that Luton Council guarantees in any way the work carried out by any contractor named below. In particular, Luton Council is not liable for any loss or damage to persons or property (caused by negligence or otherwise) as a direct result of work carried out.

If you are a skip operator and wish to be on our register please email [email protected] for more details.

For information on bins, recycling and tidy tips see rubbish, waste and recycling.

Back to top


Contact info
Street works
Luton Council, Central Depot, Kingsway, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 8EJ
Tel: 01582 510333

[email protected]


© 2024 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ