Noise - how we can help
We investigate complaints about noise from neighbours, industry, construction sites and commercial premises.
Excessive noise can make life a misery. We can help or advise you about noise from:
- barking dogs
- burglar alarms
- car alarms
- construction and demolition sites
- fans, air conditioning units, extraction equipment
- noisy neighbours
- pubs, bars and clubs
- shops and restaurants
We are unable to help with the following:
- aircraft noise - click on the link to visit London Luton Airport’s website, or phone 01582 395382.
- children playing
- poor sound insulation between properties
- everyday noises such as closing doors, lights being switched on and off
- noisy people in the street - call the police on 01582 401212
- traffic noise
Report a noise problem
Or call 01582 510330, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, except Wed, 10am to 6pm
Satisfied with our service?
We are committed to providing services efficiently and effectively. However, occasionally things go wrong and you may not be happy with the service you receive.
Follow this link if you have any queries, complaints or suggestions for improvements.
Luton Borough Council, Town Hall, George Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 2BQ
Tel: 01582 510330
Fax: 01582 546676