Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council

Noise from pubs and clubs

If you live near a pub or club, there can be problems with noise, particularly loud music.

What can I do about a noisy pub or club?

Try to speak to the manager about the problem. If that doesn't work or you don't feel able to talk to them, contact us to make a complaint.

What will the council do?

We will usually give advice to the business about how to control noise from their premises. If the noise continues, we will make visits to decide if a nuisance is being caused.

If a noise nuisance is being caused, we can serve an abatement notice. The notice will require the noise to stop or be reduced. If the notice is not complied with, we can take the business to court or seize their music system.

Advice for businesses

We have produced a guide for owners and managers, available to download below, on how to control noise from their premises.

Can I ask for the premises licence to be withdrawn?

Residents and businesses have the right to request a review of an existing licence if there are problems. Please call the Licensing team if you would like to do this. Tel: 01582 546040.

How can I make a complaint about noise?

Report a noise problem

Or call 01582 510330 Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, except Wednesday, 10am to 6pm.

Contact info
Environmental health
Luton Borough Council, Town Hall, George Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 2BQ
Tel: 01582 510330


© 2024 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ