The Chief Executive’s Department is headed by the Chief Executive, Robin Porter, and covers wide ranging services which support, communicate and engage with residents, councilor's and staff.
The following key functions sit within this department.
Citizen Engagement and Legal Services
- Business and Member Support
- Communications and Marketing which keeps residents informed about council services and campaigns through:
- press releases
- digital communications such as e-Luton
- various social media channels
They also keep staff up to date via the council’s intranet. The team is also responsible for:
- council consultations
- community engagement
- design and print services
- raising much needed revenue through the sale of advertising and sponsorship
Democracy, Scrutiny and Electoral Services
At the heart of the organisation in the Chief Executive’s department, the Democracy team turn the wheels of the council’s governance arrangements and facilitate local democratic participation delivering the following functions:
- electoral registration
The Luton 2040 team is the council’s corporate lead on the delivery of the policy and strategy for the Luton 2040 vision.
The team engage with a broad coalition of businesses, investors, public and voluntary sector partners, elected members, senior officers across other departments and residents to ensure that by 2040, Luton will be a healthy, fair and sustainable town, where everyone can thrive and no-one has to live in poverty. The team is also responsible for leading the work on transforming lives through arts, culture and heritage.
Finance, Revenues and Benefits
- Airport Finance and Client
- Corporate Finance Service
- Finance Exchequer Services
- Revenues and benefits
- Risk and Insurance Audit and Fraud
- Treasury Management
- S151 Officer
Luton Borough Council
T: 01582 546000