Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council

Skip operators licence

All skips placed on the public highway require a licence and must be registered with the council.

Apply for a skip operators licence

Do I need a licence?
Yes you need to register your skip company with us before you are able to issue permits to the residents of Luton.
What are the conditions of each permit once I've registered?
Conditions are subject to location, please contact us on the details provided below for more information.

Is there a cost to register?

What information/documents do I need to provide?
Waste Transfer Licence
Public Liability Insurance Certificate minimum cover of £10 million

How long will it take to register?
5 working days

If I'm turned down, how do I appeal?
You can't appeal.  Our decision as the highway authority is final.

Do I have to re-new my registration after a certain time?
No, but you must provide us with valid copies of your Waste Transfer License and Public Liability Insurance upon annual renewal.

Notify us of any changes
Tell us about a change to your existing skip operator licence

Where can I get further information?
Please contact us on the details provided below

Is there a register?
Yes, see attached list of registered skip operators

Further information on skip permits

Contact info
Street works
Luton Council, Central Depot, Kingsway, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 8EJ
Tel: 01582 510333

[email protected]


© 2024 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ