Manor Contact Centre - Luton Council
Trained staff are on hand to provide support, advice and guidance to parents to help them build on their parenting skills.
As part of supervising contact staff can assess relationships, family dynamics and monitor improvements.
Contact benefits children and birth relatives in numerous ways:
- it can ease the sense of loss and provide reassurance for both children and their relatives
- it can help to maintain family relationships
- through contact, children are able to gain a greater understanding of their history and identity, which may enhance their self-esteem
Manor Contact Centre is decorated with educational interactive displays and the following facilities are available:
- nine furnished rooms – all contact rooms have kitchenettes with microwave and sinks
- two contact rooms with full kitchens for baking and cooking with children - televisions are available on request
- bathing facilities available
- outdoor play area with basketball net, outdoor toys and equipment
- age appropriate toys available within contact rooms
- games consoles available on request
- arts and crafts materials
- cots, prams, high chairs and bedding
- baby changing facilities
- bottles, sterilising equipment
- access to resources and tools for service users with learning difficulties
- disabled Access
Referrals are accepted both privately and internally from Luton Council.
The centre provides supervised assessed contact for any of the following:
- children aged up to 18 years old and their significant relatives
- children subject to court orders
- parents and children with mental health, learning difficulties and/or physical disabilities
- parents who have a history of, or are currently undergoing treatment for, drug and alcohol misuse
- families from diverse ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds
For information regarding referrals to Manor Contact Centre please contact us using the details below or click the orange button to complete a referral request form.
Telephone: 01582 415401
Manor Contact Centre referral request form
If you need to arrange supervised visits with your children, or you're a social worker arranging access for a client, Manor Contact Centre aims to provide a friendly, safe and welcoming environment where quality supervised contact can take place.