Starting school in September 2021 (for children born between 1/9/2016 to 31/8/2017)
Parents of children born between 1/9/2016 – 31/8/2017 must apply for a school place for September 2021.
The closing date for parents to apply for a school place for their child has now passed.
However, you can still apply for a school place for your child. This can be done by applying online using the Late application form/change of preference button below.
Late applications and changes of preference will not be considered in the initial allocation of places.
- For late applications received up to 16 April 2021, decision letters will be posted to parents on 7 June 2021.
- For late applications received up to 28 May 2021, decision letters will be posted to parents on 16 July 2021.
- Applications received after 28 May 2021 will be processed in due course and the Admissions team will aim to advise parents in writing of the outcome before September 2021.
If you are submitting the form to change your preference(s) and we are able to allocate one of the schools you have stated on your form, the school your child was originally allocated will immediately be withdrawn and re-allocated to another child.
You must apply for a school place even if:
- you have already made an earlier application direct to the school
- your preferred school is not in Luton
- your preferred school is a faith school, a foundation school, an academy or a free school
- your child is attending a pre-school or early years class attached to your preferred school.
It is really important that you read our How to apply for a school place for September 2021 guide which can be downloaded from the bottom of the page.
If you specify a Luton Catholic primary school on your application, you must also complete the Luton Catholic primary schools supplementary form and provide your child’s original Baptismal Certificate. The supplementary form can be downloaded from the bottom of the page.
Please note the Education Portal can be used to keep up to date with the progress of your application.
After the closing date, an update on the school your child has been allocated can be seen from 16 April 2021.
Town Hall, George Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 2BQ
Tel: 01582 548016