Access to Education team
On this page...
Supporting families to access education for children and young people living in Luton. Who can get support from the Access to Education team?
Who can get support from the Access to Education team?
If you live in Luton and have a statutory school age child you can request support from the Access to Education Team for any of the following areas:
- in year school applications or applications for pupils due to start school/ transfer to high school in September
- school appeal advice and support
- advice and support with applying for a school place for children who have moved into Luton or the UK
- families who have moved house within Luton and are struggling to find school place(s)
- children at risk of being permanently excluded from school or who are struggling to remain engaged with school
What can you expect from the team?
The Access to Education team provide support and advice via home visits, telephone or video calls, or at school / education meetings. The team can:
- help families to navigate the process of applying for a school place by exploring school vacancies and waiting lists for schools
- complete applications over the phone
- assist families from the application stage through to transition into school
- provide mediation and liaison with schools on behalf of and with families
- accompany families to meetings with schools and other services
- Alternative Learning and Progression Service
- Education Welfare Service
- Elective Home Education
- Educational Psychology Service
- school transport
Email: [email protected]
Tracy Gentle (Access to Education Manager)
Back to top