Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council

Complaints about the conduct of councillors

​​​​​Our Standards Committee has responsibility for considering complaints that a councillor in Luton (or 'co-opted member') may have breached our Code of Conduct.

A co-opted member is someone who sits on a committee of the council but is not an elected councillor.

If you want to complain about the conduct of a councillor (or co-opted member) your complaint must be in writing and should be sent to Luton Council Standards Committee, c/o Head of HR and Monitoring Officer (address at bottom of page). You can also send an email to: [email protected]

A form which you may use to submit your complaint is available below.

Your complaint will be considered by the Local Assessment Panel (a sub-committee of our Standards Committee).

Any complaint must be about the behaviour of the councillor (or co-opted member) and say why you believe the councillor (or co-opted member) has failed to comply with the code of conduct.

Complaints about council services will not be dealt with by the Local Assessment Panel, but should be made through our normal complaints procedure.

The code of conduct (available to  download here - Council constitution - Part 9: Code of Conduct for Members​) may be inspected at the below address between 9am and 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.​​​​​​


Contact info
Head of HR and monitoring officer
Commercial and Transformation Services Dept, Luton Borough Council, Apex House, 30-34 Upper George Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 2RD
Tel: 01582 546291
Fax: 01582 546994
[email protected]


© 2021 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ