Luton Borough Council
In order to achieve the Luton 2020 vision the council will need individuals and organisations to play their part.
We have been carrying out initial consultations with stakeholders and residents across Luton since September 2019 to shape the vision and will continue to provide opportunities for everyone in the town to engage further.
The council’s role
The council is leading the way by:
- making sure we buy locally, with a target that within five years, 70 per cent of our spend will be with local businesses who make a commitment to recruit locally, develop their staff and pay a real living wage
- spearheading actions to make Luton a real living wage town so working people don’t struggle to get by boosting skills and training
- generating 15,000 good quality jobs to help more people find work
- rethinking the town centre
- making Luton an attractive place to work, live and visit
The council is strongly committed to working in partnership with residents, communities, businesses and other organisations to develop a shared vision for Luton in 2040.
The Luton 2020-2040 vision will be delivered through a partnership approach encompassing all businesses, communities, voluntary and public sector organisations throughout the town. The council will lead and facilitate work through the facilitation of two strategic partnership boards:
- the Inclusive Economy board who will focus on the Inclusive Economy strategy
- the Health and Wellbeing board who will focus on the Population and Wellbeing strategy
Each board has representatives from various sectors meeting regularly throughout the year with shared responsibilities and initiatives being brought together through the respective chairs at the Luton 2020-2040 Board.
© 2021 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ