Luton town centre masterplan
You've told us you want a better town centre for Luton. We want this too!
We're preparing a vision and masterplan which will guide how the town centre can change over the next 20 to 30 years. The plan will be a vital part of the town’s economic recovery from COVID-19 and our long-term vision for Luton 2020-2040.
Long term, a masterplan will show how we can:
- attract investment to support new jobs
- improve Luton’s public spaces
- take care of our heritage
- provide new and affordable activities
- ensure local people are proud to call it their own and people from outside the town love to come and visit
We consulted on the vision, opportunities and issues in the summer of 2020 and we and received over 1,400 feedback responses. Click the button below to find out more about your responses. We'll be undertaking a second stage of consultation until Monday 7 December 2020.
Once the second round of consultation is complete, we'll look to determine the most appropriate masterplan to help deliver our collective vision for our future town centre. We anticipate this will be ready in spring 2021.