Luton Borough Council
Your physical and mental health
Help with health costs (NHS)
- Get help with NHS prescriptions and health costs: you might be able to get free NHS prescriptions, dental treatment, eye tests and help with other NHS costs.
Supporting mental health
There are many things that can affect your mental health, particularly if you are dealing with financial problems. It's normal and help is available.
- The BLMK MIND Wellbeing Centre in Luton offers a range of services to support better mental health across the borough including groups, drop-in and 121 support.
- Younger than 18? Support is available via Chat Health. From 11 to 19 year olds can text the Luton Community Health services school nurse team on 07520 616070 for advice and support on all aspects of health and wellbeing.
- View Total Wellbeing Luton’s self-help page with the 5 steps to wellbeing and discover other organisations working in Luton and supporting mental health.
- Every Mind Matters provides simple tips and advice to start taking better care of your mental health.
- The Mental Health Foundation provides advice and information about how to look after your mental health.
- Visit the NHS mental health and wellbeing advice website for self-assessment, audio guides and practical tools, if you are experiencing stress, feelings of anxiety or low mood.
- Call The Samaritans for free any time, from any phone on 116 123 just to talk. You don’t have to be suicidal.
© 2022 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ