MOTs due from 30 March 2020
Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive.
Have your vehicle MOT tested at our depot from £29*
We operate a dedicated and independent MOT testing station. We do not offer repairs, tyres or exhausts. We simply offer a straightforward, impartial inspection service that has no gimmicks or discounts, and absolutely no sales pitch! Just your peace of mind in the quality of our services.
The cost of the MOT depends on the class of your vehicle. Each test includes a free re- test as long as you return your vehicle within ten working days.
Class 1 + 2 motorcycle - £29, motorcycle with sidecar - £37
- motorcycles with sidecar
- class 1 engine size up to 200cm cubed)
Class 4 - £54.80
- cars (up to eight passenger seats)
- motor caravans
- three wheeled vehicles (over 450kg unladen weight)
- quads - with a maximum unladen weight of 400kg
- goods vehicles - up to 550kg and with a maximum net power of 15kW
- dual purpose vehicles
- private hire vehicle and PSVs (up to eight seats)
- goods vehicles - up to 3,000 GVW
- ambulances (up to eight passenger seats)
- taxis (may also be subject to local conditions)
Private passenger vehicles - £57
- Ambulances and private passenger vehicles - nine to 12 seats
Class 4A - including seat belt installation check - £64
- private passenger vehicle with 13-16 passenger seats - £59.50
- vehicles and ambulances with more than 16 passenger seats and play buses - £80.65
Class 5A - including seat belt installation check
- (13-16 passenger seats) - £80.50
- more than 16 passenger seats - £124.50
Class 7 - £58.60
- goods vehicles - over 3,000kg and up to 3,5000kg
Duplicate test certificate - £10
MOT test is by appointment only.
The MOT test takes approximately one hour.
Days we are open:
- Monday and Tuesday - 7am to 8pm
- Wednesday to Friday - 7am to 7pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
Let us know which time and date suits you when booking. We may be able to give you a cancellation or short notice appointment.
The test can be completed up to one month prior to the expiry date of your MOT certificate. Any unused days will be added to the new certificate. On the day of your appointment please make sure you bring your MOT certificate with you.
You can leave your vehicle at the depot from 7am. However you must collect it by 8pm on Monday and Tuesday and 7pm Wednesday - Friday.
Please note that all vehicles are left at the owner's risk.
You can pay for the MOT test using cash or a credit/debit card. You can also pay with a cheque if provide a cheque guarantee card.
We are based at:
Please follow the signs to the designated parking areas then report to the MOT reception.
Before the MOT please check:
- your tyres are correctly inflated and meet the requirements set by law
- all your lights are working
- your windscreen does not have any chips or cracks within the area swept by the wipers
- the wiper blades are not worn
- you have water in the windscreen washer bottle
- check oil levels
You should also make sure that the car engine has been run for a while. Cars are more likely to pass the emissions test when the engine is hot.
Please note - All vehicles must be presented for testing in a clean and hygienic state. All touch points must be wiped down just prior to presentation. Non-compliance will result in refusal of service until the vehicle has been sanitised.
All visitors to our reception counter must wear a face covering.
If your vehicle passes the MOT test, you will be given an MOT certificate which may be valid for up to 13 months from the date of issue (subject to previous test pass date).
If your vehicle does not pass, you will be given a record sheet containing details of the faults, which will have to be repaired for the re-test.
In your vehicle fails it's MOT, you are entitled to a free re-test, providing the vehicle is submitted back to us within ten working days of the initial MOT inspection.
For further information on when to get an MOT go to GOV.UK..
Central Depot, Kingsway, Luton, Beds, LU4 8EJ
Tel: 01582 546839
Fax: Fax:01582 546883