Luton Borough Council
We're committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. We have a data protection officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Name, address, date of birth, gender, place of birth
Special category data
Purpose for using it
The Public Health team use this information for statistical analyses to:
- measure the health, causes of deaths or care needs of the population
- identify risks to the public's health and opportunities to improve the public's health
- inform the planning, evaluation and targeting of health, care and public health services
- produce needs assessments which provide expert advice and intelligence for local commissioners to make effective decisions on how they spend funding for local services
- contribute to the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, which identifies the current and future health and social care needs of Luton's population and analyses whether needs are being met locally
- inform the planning and targeting of health, care and public health services
- monitor trends in the number of deaths, estimating death rates, providing input around place of death for end of life care analyses, monitoring child deaths, monitoring seasonal patterns of death and calculating excess winter deaths, reviewing life expectancy and premature deaths and variations by geographic areas, age, sex and other characteristics
- HES data is used for monitoring population health in the county, and to inform the planning and commissioning of health services
Public Health uses you personal data under the following categories:
- personal data: processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- special category data: processing is necessary in the field of social protection
Who we share it with
Access to data is restricted to the Public Health and Business Intelligence teams in Luton Council.
Why we share it with them
Any automated decision making or profiling
Transfer of data to another country
The data will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule.
Exercising your rights
You have the right to ask us to amend or delete your data as well transfer or limit its use. You also have the right to request a review of an automated decision where you think this is wrong.
Each request will be considered individually. Where we are required to keep your data by law we may be unable to action your request. In all circumstances we will explain our decision making in writing to you.
Please see our main privacy statement using the orange button below If you want more information on how:
- we keep your data safe
- to request a change to the records we hold
- to make a complaint
© 2024 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ