Luton Borough Council
Flying Start children's centres - Extra help
We're committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. We have a data protection officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Parent’s name, address, email address, telephone numbers, parent’s date of birth, lone parent status, family breakdown and relationships, history of domestic abuse, immigration status, language spoken, employment status, benefit entitlement, child’s date of birth and contact details, child’s NHS number, child receiving support for SEND or from Social Care including child In need/ child protection/ child looked after, details of siblings.
Special category data
Ethnicity, health information including pregnancy delivery date, smoking status , mental health , substance misuse, medical reports for children with a disability including learning disabilities.
Purpose for using it
Flying Start uses your personal data to:
- to enable staff to identify and allocate appropriate services to families with young children
- to assess your eligibility for targeted services - for example, our parenting programmes and specific family support provided on a one to one basis and group according to needs
- to allow course bookings to be made through our partner the Pre-school Learning Alliance
Flying Start uses your personal data under the following categories:
- personal data: to carry out the performance of a public task
- special category data: necessary in the field of social protection
Who we share it with
Flying Start may share your personal data with the following organisations in order to be able to plan and deliver services for you:
- Pre-school Learning Alliance
- maternity service provided by the Luton and Dunstable University Foundation Hospital
- health visiting service provided by Cambridge Community Services
- Early Years providers in Luton who support you with early years childcare and early education including childminders
- early years’ mental health services provided by East London Foundation Trust
- services within the local authority such as:
- Luton Access for support on benefits and housing
- Customer Services for help with employment related issues
- Early Help services
- Children’s Services who can support you and your family
Why we share it with them
To deliver the services to you and your family.
Any automated decision making or profiling
Transfer of data to another country
The data will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule.
Exercising your rights
You have the right to ask us to amend or delete your data as well transfer or limit its use. You also have the right to request a review of an automated decision where you think this is wrong.
Each request will be considered individually. Where we are required to keep your data by law we may be unable to action your request. In all circumstances we will explain our decision making in writing to you.
Please see our main privacy statement using the orange button below If you want more information on how:
- we keep your data safe
- to request a change to the records we hold
- to make a complaint
© 2024 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ