Luton Borough Council
Educational Psychology Service (EPS)
We're committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. We have a data protection officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Name, address, date of birth, gender, unique pupil number, home language, child in local authority care, interpreter, bi-lingual assessment, SEND Code of Practice stage (SEN support or EHCP), category of need, name of GP, National Curriculum year, schools/ settings attended, name of parent(s) / carers, address of parent(s) / carers, telephone number of parent(s), email address of parents) / carers, name of those with parental responsibility, other service involved/previously involved with the child/ young person
Special category data
Purpose for using it
EPS uses your personal data to:
- support children and young people in meeting their special educational needs
- ensure effective communication with parents / carers and with other professionals involved with the child/ young people
- monitor service use to support equal access to an educational psychology service
EPS uses you personal data under the following categories:
- personal data: processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- special category data: processing is necessary in the field of social protection
Who we share it with
EPS may share your personal data with the following organisations:
- other professional in the same or other local authority who are involved with the child/ young person eg social care, Early Help
- health authority professionals involved with the child/young person eg community paediatrician/ school nurse/ health visitor/ GP, CAMHS clinicians
Why we share it with them
To support children and young people in meeting their special educational needs.
To ensure effective communication with parents / carers and with other professionals involved with the child/ young people.
Any automated decision making or profiling
Transfer of data to another country
The data will be kept until the young person is 25 years old after which they will no longer be able to access this service.
Exercising your rights
You have the right to ask us to amend or delete your data as well transfer or limit its use. You also have the right to request a review of an automated decision where you think this is wrong.
Each request will be considered individually. Where we are required to keep your data by law we may be unable to action your request. In all circumstances we will explain our decision making in writing to you.
Please see our main privacy statement using the orange button below If you want more information on how:
- we keep your data safe
- to request a change to the records we hold
- to make a complaint
© 2023 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ