Luton Borough Council
28/05/2021 - The Great British Spring Clean is back and you can take part
The Great British Spring Clean (GBSC) is back and residents are being encouraged to take part in litter pick events taking place across the town to help keep Luton tidy.
GBSC will run from 28 May to 13 June, and Luton Council's Parks and Countryside Service and Neighbourhood Delivery Team have put together a series of events that residents can take part in:
- Wednesday 2 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Bradgers Hill
- Wednesday 2 June - 2pm to 4pm - Wardown Park
- Thursday 3 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Saints area
- Friday 4 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Vernon Road
- Saturday 5 June - 2pm to 4pm - Stockwood Park
- Saturday 5 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Round Green
- Wednesday 9 June - 2pm to 4pm - Manor Road Park
- Wednesday 9 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Paths Estate
- Wednesday 9 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Marsh Farm
- Thursday 10 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Town Centre and South
- Friday 11 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Bury Park
- Saturday 12 June - 12.30 to 2.30pm - Crawley Green Road
The aim of these events is to demonstrate the huge improvements that can be made to our streets, parks and green spaces by keeping them clear of litter. GBSC also aims to spread the message that we should be taking pride in the town we live in and not dropping litter in the first place.
Councillor Abbas Hussain, Portfolio Holder for Neighbourhood Services and Community Safety, said: "This is a great way to get the message across that we should all do our bit to keep Luton tidy.
"We hope that these events will remind residents of the part that we can all play in reducing the amount of litter on our streets, not just during the Great British Spring Clean, but all year round."
To find out more or to get involved in this year’s events and find out more:
Email [email protected] for the events in Wardown, Stockwood and Manor Road Parks
Email [email protected] for the area based litter picks
© 2021 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ