26/10/2020 - Have your say on emerging vision for a reimagined town centre
Luton Council is asking for views on an emerging vision for how the town centre could improve and change over the coming years.
Taking on board comments following extensive consultation earlier in the year, the Reimagine Luton town centre vision has been updated along with a number of artist impressions which bring to life some of the potential changes to the look, feel and new uses for the area.
More than 1,400 passionate and considered responses were received from residents in this consultation round, where a wide range of views were given, with a clear and collective desire to improve the town centre.
- more parks and green space; and the opening up of the River Lea
- improving the shopping offer and night-time economy; with better leisure facilities and food, museums and art galleries
- improved safety and increased focus on tackling anti-social behaviour
- more community spaces and affordable activities
- high-quality office space
- preservation of Luton’s rich heritage
“2020 has been a really tough year for everyone, with some more challenging months ahead, so we want this to be a glimmer of hope for everyone that much brighter days are around the corner.