Welcome to Luton's new town-wide heritage strategy, co-developed in partnership with over 30 community and stakeholder groups, and with contributions from over 300 people.
To launch the heritage strategy and celebrate national heritage month, a number of heritage open days have been planned from Saturday 11 to Sunday 19 September 2021. Please click the link below to see the full programme, with details on how to book your place.
The next stage is to develop a comprehensive heritage implementation plan.
Everybody in Luton is invited to engage in the conservation, preservation and interpretation of heritage and the delivery of this strategic vision. Get involved with:
- the University of Bedfordshire’s Arts and Culture Projects teams’ activity including:
- The Wildlife Trust's Wilder Futures Project at Bradgers Hill
- The Chiltern Conservation Board Chalkscapes Project
- The Culture Trust Luton’s Museum Makers
- Luton Heritage Forum, design code ‘Charettes’, local list review, public meetings, and collective memories project
Heritage strategy documents
Below is the shortened heritage strategy document which is available to view/download. The full version will follow soon.
If you require further information please send us an email using the link below.