It's on schedule to secure £1.5 billion investment to transform the town and create 18,500 quality jobs for local people; while driving improvements to health and wellbeing, creating opportunities for residents, raising aspirations and enhancing prosperity across the town.
Supporting the LIF, the cultural organisations, artists and people of Luton will transform the town’s identity over the next ten years. Building from current success and momentum to make a diverse creative environment that has status as an inclusive, flagship, destination place of culture.
We have created a strategic vision for the arts, cultural and creative industries in Luton for 2017 - 2027 which explains how our ambitions to achieve UK City of Culture status in 2025 are identified, how they will be delivered and why they are realistic and achievable.
Harnessing Momentum, the 10 year strategic vision for the arts, cultural and creative industries in Luton is a vision that builds on the strengths of the local cultural scene (including artistic practice, festivals, museums and community arts) and has been developed through consultation with people of the town who recognise the five important themes, which are integral to the vision:
- place-making which aims to enhance our environment and the identity of Luton and celebrates our heritage
- improved cultural infrastructure, both physically and organisationally
- development of inclusive, intercultural activity to build community participation and cohesion
- increased engagement of children and young people
- development of skills and lifelong learning to increase employability and quality of life and to improve health and wellbeing
The Harnessing Momentum strategic vision is available to download below.
The Luton Arts Fund aligns with Harnessing Momentum and awards artists and arts organisations up to £10,000 for projects taking place in our area. Further information on Luton Arts Fund.