Luton Creative Leaders programme
Photo credit: Louder collective
Luton Council and Revoluton Arts are partners in this innovative programme that plays a key role in shaping the strategic development of the arts ecology in Luton. The programme:
- supports the council’s Luton 2040 vision for Luton to be a place where everyone can thrive
- helps achieve the Inclusive Economy strategy ‘Transforming Lives through Arts, Culture and Heritage’ priority
- aligns to the 2040 commitment for Luton to be a town built on fairness and social justice
The programme does this by bringing together a group of exceptional creative practitioners in Luton and empowering them to take a leading role in contributing to strategic decision making, shaping strategic projects, supporting the development of the sector and developing their own expertise so they can become national exemplars in their field
The programme has two key aims.
- To enable better artist representation in decision making and strengthen the inclusion of black, Asian and ethnically diverse people, and people who are disadvantaged, LGBTQI and disabled on the Luton Arts and Culture Strategy Group and within strategic creative project development in Luton.
- To develop the leadership, arts advocacy and applied arts skills of Luton artists, improving the capacity of Luton based artists to work as leaders in their field and supporting the diversification of arts leadership nationally.
The inaugural cohort of Luton Creative Leaders are resourced to spend one day a month progressing their creative ambitions and contributing to the development of the sector in Luton. If you have a creative project in Luton that would benefit from their insight and advice please contact us via the details below to discuss this further.
The current year of the programme runs from April 2021 to March 2022 and pending funding, will be open for new applications to the programme late in 2021.
Cultural Partnerships Coordinator