Social work jobs in Luton
and feel the difference
Opportunities for experienced social workersSee our roles and apply
"The best thing about Luton is the support from seniors and a manageable caseload"
Melissa, Social Worker
Positive working environment where you are listened to and valued.
Professional development programme with the University of Bedfordshire
25 days holiday (pro rata), rising to 30 days.
- Coaching and mentoring to support and develop you
- Professional development programme - developed with the University of Bedfordshire
- Opportunity for managers to work towards a master's degree
- Leadership development programme
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) - rising to 30 after 5 years
- Flexible working
- Incremental salary
- Local government pension scheme
- Relocation package up to £8.5k (subject to eligibility) Click here for more information
- 3.2k car benefit (where applicable)
- Childcare voucher scheme
Luton offers a range of exciting challenges for social workers
We have a young and rapidly expanding population alongside serious levels of poverty and deprivation. Luton is a place of diversity with over 100 different languages spoken in vibrant communities.
This unique mix of cultures and needs make Luton the ideal place for social workers who want to develop their careers in a supportive environment.
Location and getting here
Luton is located just north of London with excellent road and rail links.
- 30 miles north of London
- 22 minutes from London St Pancras
- Easy access from M1 junction 10/11
Living in Luton
A modern, cosmopolitan town with the countryside on its doorstep, Luton is a great place to live, work and have fun.
- Excellent transport links
- Affordable housing
- Great schools and colleges
- Home to the University of Bedfordshire
- Excellent shopping, sports, cinema, theatres and museums