Luton Adult Learning
During these ever changing times, Luton Adult Learning have developed a new learning programme to help meet the learning needs of Luton residents.
A better place to start (Building Better Opportunities)
Building Better Opportunities is an Employment Support Programme funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund. The aim is to support those that are unemployed or economically inactive to overcome barriers and move into, or closer to, paid employment or education and training.
Rebuilding our lives after the changes of the past two years of Covid, lockdowns and restrictions can be a daunting challenge. A Better Place to Start is a great opportunity to help you kick-start your pathway into employment.
The four session course will help you to:
- focus on increasing self-confidence and self-esteem through teamwork and activities, whilst supporting you to identify your hopes and dreams
- challenge yourself and set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound) targets
- consider how a positive mind-set will help you to achieve these
- identify your strengths and areas for development and explore possible career pathways to enable you to be sign-posted to appropriate development opportunities to work towards achieving your goals
Passport to employment
We continue to offer our ever popular Passport to Employment to employment course, which is a series of free workshops that run every week. They will help you to:
- identify your skills
- design an outstanding CV
- prepare for interviews improve your confidence
They assist you on your journey to or back into employment. We also have some longer courses such as ICT available.
Passport to schools and Passport to childcare
It is now even more important to have excellent employability skills, so why not have a look at our range of workshops? All of the workshops are delivered either online or in the classroom depending on the situation at the time of your class.
Our classes are delivered by our highly skilled teachers who will support and guide you throughout these workshops. Sessions are completely free and whilst most are accessible online via Zoom, others are offered face to face so you can choose what is best for you.
If you are not looking to get back to work at this time we have a range of general interest courses and wellbeing courses to support and promote good wellbeing.