Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council

Domestic abuse and housing rights


Use these pages safely

If you need to leave these pages quickly, click on the "Exit this page" button below and you'll go to the Google homepage. If you're worried about someone knowing you have visited this website visit the cover your tracks page.

Exit this page

If you're suffering from domestic abuse, there are ways that we and other organisations can help. First of all, we’ll talk to you, to find out what support and advice you would like.

We may also be able to:

  • arrange for you to meet with specialists who are trained to help
  • put you in touch with legal experts
  • advise you to apply to the courts to remove the person abusing you from the home, or to stop them from having contact with you
  • recommend ways to add extra security to your home

If you live in a council or housing association property, you may be able to get help from your landlord to help you stay safely in your home.

In an emergency always dial 999.

Sources of help and advice

© 2024 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ