Luton Borough Council
Request a refund
What to expect
If your rent account is in credit and you would like to request a refund, there are a few things that you need to consider.
- As part of the conditions of your tenancy, you are required to pay rent in advance. Before we make any refund to you, we will withhold enough rent to cover your payment frequency and ensure that your account does not fall into arrears between payments. This could mean that we hold back between one week and four weeks of rent.
- We will also check with other departments at Luton Council for any debt owed to them and will deduct this from any refund due. We will only refund the remainder and if any debt owed is greater than the credit on your rent account, no payment will be made to you.
- Refunds will be made directly into your bank account
- Refunds for less than £20.00 will not be processed, unless you are no longer a tenant of Luton Council.
- Refunds can take up to eight weeks to process
How to apply
You must provide.
- Completed and signed rent account refund form below
- Copy of your most recent bank statement showing your name, address and bank account details
Please send both using this email: [email protected] or post to:
Rent Accounts Team
Things to remember
- You must ensure that the bank details that you provide are accurate as any payment made to the account details provided which later prove to be wrong, we will not be able to recall the payment and no further payment will be due to you.
- Failure to provide a recent bank statements showing your name, address and bank account details will result in your application being refused.
- Refunds can take up to 8 weeks to process, please do not make any duplicate applications or enquiries within this timeframe.
© 2023 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ