Covid-19 cases, deaths and vaccination data for Luton
COVID-19 snapshot in Luton (population 213,528)
As of 20 October 2021 (data reported up to 17 October 2021)
• No change
- Total COVID-19 cases: 33,124 ↑
- Covid-19 cases in the last 7 days (+46): 863↑
- Number of PCR tests in the last 7 days (-334): 9,697 ↓
- PCR test positivity in the last 7 days (+0.9%): 9.0%↑
Number of weekly positive cases per 100,000 population
- Previous 7 day snapshot (4 to 10 Oct): 382.6
- Last 7 days (11 to 17 Oct): 404.2
- Direction of travel: +21.6↑
Number of PCR tests in the last 7 days' positive, negative or void virus test results may include multiple tests for an individual person.
PCR test positivity in the last 7 days' positive, negative or void virus test results may also include multiple tests for an individual person.
- Residents vaccinated with at least one dose by 10 October (77.9% of 12+ population): 134,562
- Residents vaccinated with second dose by 10 Oct (68.2% of 12+ population): 117,720
- Residents vaccinated with first dose in the last 7 days (+230): 871 ↑
- Residents vaccinated with second dose in the last 7 days (-361): 996 ↓
- Total deaths registered involving COVID-19 since 1 January 2020: 612
- Deaths registered involving COVID-19 (2 to 8 Oct): 2
- Direction of travel (compared to previous 7 days):-1 ↓
Please note: numbers in recent days may rise, reflecting diagnostic and reporting turnaround time. All detail within this report is the latest data available prior to publishing (20 October 2021).
Week-to-week comparisons are based on the data available at the time each snapshot was published.
The image below shows hospital patients with COVID-19. These are combined figures for Bedford and Luton & Dunstable hospitals.
Data source and accessible data: COVID-19 hospital activity (NHS England)
Total general and acute (G&A) bed occupancy: n/a
Credits and data sources
Snapshot produced by:
- Bedford Borough Council
- Central Bedfordshire Council
- Milton Keynes Council Public Health Evidence and Intelligence Team - J Philips
- Supporting Bedfordshire Local Resilience Forum
Email: [email protected]