Christmas support payment for wet-led pubs
On 1 December 2020, the government announced the introduction of additional support over the festive period for wet-led pubs in areas under tier 2 or 3 restrictions.
This support will take the form of a one off payment of £1,000 for qualifying wet-led pubs where tier 2 or tier 3 restrictions are imposed following the scheduled tier review dates of 2 and 16 December 2020.
For the purposes of this grant, a wet-led pub is defined as a pub that derives less than 50 per cent of its income from sales of food.
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2021.
Businesses must have been trading on 30 November 2020 to be eligible to receive funding under this scheme.
Where local restrictions were preceded by national ‘lockdown’ measures requiring the closure of businesses that are otherwise eligible, it is accepted that these businesses are classified as still trading.
Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
How to apply
Before you start to complete this form, please ensure you have read the details of the grant scheme and gather together the following pieces of information - where they are applicable - about your:
- business rates account reference numbers
- rateable value of your business premises
- National Insurance number
- companies house or charity registration number
- bank details
- state aid receipt information
- till receipts confirming more than 50 per cent of sales are made up of beverage purchases by customers
- any other evidence to show the impact of increased restrictions on your business
- till receipt confirming more than 50 per cent of sales are made up of beverage purchases by customers dated before 11 March 2020