The Covid Pledge
The Covid Pledge is a voluntary scheme available for Luton businesses to take part in to help reassure staff and customers that premises are operating in a covid secure manner and are following best practice to help Keep Luton Safe.
By signing up to the Covid Pledge, you are making a positive statement that you are following relevant guidelines and are putting measures in place to ensure your premises are covid secure.
When making your pledge, you are making a commitment to the following:
- Social distancing - to maintain 2m social distancing (or 1 metre + with measures if not possible) throughout the premises
- Hygiene - a commitment to provide hygiene facilities for staff and customers and regular cleaning of premises to reduce transmission of Coronavirus, including hand washing facilities and hand sanitising
- Face coverings - all staff in public facing roles will wear a face covering (unless they have a legal exemption)
- For those businesses that are required to display the NHS test and Trace QR Code , to request each customer to scan the QR Code or to collect name and contact details and time of entry on for example a paper test and trace record
- Ventilation – the provision of adequate ventilation, in line with HSE guidance
- Regular testing - to encourage all staff to test twice weekly using the NHS free lateral flow tests
- Preventing and Controlling the spread of Covid – to support staff to self-isolate as required and to undertake appropriate contact tracing for all cases identified in the workplace, ensuring all close contacts isolate in line with national guidance
- Vaccinations - support employees to access vaccinations
- Risk Assessments - to carry out and regularly review a Covid risk assessment, communicating with staff and ensuring they follow its recommendations
Please note that this is not a formal accreditation. It is a voluntary scheme. The Council reserves the right to request that businesses remove the Pledge where any issues arise.
To sign your business up to the Covid Pledge, please complete a short form.
Once complete, you receive a printable poster to display in your premises to promote to customers and staff. There will also be an opportunity for you to be photographed outside your premises (timings subject to demand levels) with the pledge board which will be shared on the councils social media to promote those businesses taking part in the scheme. We may use your email address to send you relevant information relating to covid related matters to help you.
- Please go to www.gov.uk/coronavirus for sector specific covid guidance
- If you have any specific enquiries regarding workplace safety and coronavirus, please email [email protected]
- If you have any concerns about a team member or a customer testing positive; or your staff have suspected symptoms, you should immediately contact the:
- Local Public Health England
Health Protection Team
T: 0300 303 8537
E: [email protected].
- For food businesses who are thinking of putting tables and chairs on the pavement, please see the Fast track pavement license for more information.