Luton Borough Council
I need financial support
For help and advice on claiming benefits, making a change to your claim and more, please see our benefits help section.
The Citizens Advice website has the latest information and advice relating to:
- going to work
- if you're off sick or told to stay home because of coronavirus
- if you're self-employed
- if you're claiming benefits
- if you can’t pay your rent
- coronavirus and claiming benefits on the DWP website
- what to do if you were employed and have lost your job
- guidance for people who are employed and cannot work due to coronavirus
- guidance for people who are self-employed and getting less work or no work because of coronavirus
- Test and Trace support payment information
Luton advice can also help with benefits and family mediation. You can contact them on 01582 453372 or [email protected].
Having difficulty paying your Council Tax?
- If you're in financial difficulty and can’t pay your Council Tax, have you applied for Council Tax Reduction?
- If you need to delay payments or make an arrangement to pay let us know via our general enquiry form.
- While the UK has coronavirus restrictions on movement of people we've suspended council tax enforcement visits.
Council tax hardship fund
People of working age who receive council tax reduction (CTR) will receive a maximum of £150 per household (on top of their existing CTR).
© 2020 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ