Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council


All accidents, incidents or ""near misses"" should be investigated to make your workplace safer; some have to be by law. If there is one where you work, please contact us.

If you, or a work colleague, have an injury which causes the injured person to be off work for more than 3 days, or if you or they have a major injury, or if a member of the public has been injured and taken to hospital for treatment, or if anyone is killed,  the matter should be reported. Equally, if you or a colleague is diagnosed as suffering a work-related disease or is aware of a dangerous occurrence, this too is reportable.

The purpose of doing so is to allow the circumstances which led to the situation to be investigated, so that they may be prevented from recurring.

The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations, 1995 (RIDDOR) legally require such matters to be reported. To do so, the Incident Control Centre (ICC) should be contacted, who will then notify the appropriate enforcing authority. email: [email protected]

The easiest way of contacting the ICC is by telephone on 0845 300 9923, or by any of the links mentioned above. They can also be contacted by post, for which their address is:
The Incident Control Centre, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly. CF83 3GG

© 2023 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ