Christmas and New Year bin collections
Details on recycling over the festive period and how to check your bin collection day.
This year there will be no changes to your bins collection days.
On this page...
Household Waste Recycling Centres (Tidy Tips)
If you would like to visit one of our sites please make sure you check when the sites are closed over Christmas and New Year, so you do not make a wasted journey. Do not forget to bring your ID and proof of address.
Christmas recycling tips
We all get carried away over the festive period, but there is so much that can be recycled or avoided instead of wasted at Christmas. Just follow those few easy steps:
- Love Food, Hate Waste this Christmas, to prevent food waste, save money and better plan your portions, do not panic buy
- reuse last year’s Christmas cards as gift tags
- use your glass box or bottle banks to recycle glass bottles and jars
- Recycle Right this Christmas by putting the correct materials in your green recycling bin, do not use black sacks for your recycling
- recycle your real Christmas tree at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre or contact Keech Hospice to find out more about their scheme