How do I submit an application?
A step by step guide to submitting a local authority search.
1. What you need to send
- LLC1 and CON29 application forms fully completed, including the search address, applicant's details and return postal address/DX number. Any additional enquiries must be clearly marked.
- Any enquiries under Box C must be clearly marked.
- Correct remittance, cheques payable to "Luton Borough Council".
It is a requirement of the service that each search must be accompanied by an OS plan to scale 1:1250 with the search area clearly marked or hatched. Any search received by the service without all of the above in place will be returned.
2. I don't have any search forms
3. I don't have any plans of the search property
You can obtain a copy of a plan from Peterborough District Land Registry - tel 0843 5040507, fax 01733 280022
4. Where do I send my application?
Your search request can be submitted to the Local Land Charges Service via Royal Mail, Document Exchange, by hand delivery, or electronically via the NLIS hub.
Royal Mail - Local Land Charges Service, Legal Services, Luton Borough Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ.
Document Exchange - Local Land Charges Service, DX 5926, Luton 1
Hand delivery - Local Land Charges, 2nd Floor, Apex House, 30-34 Upper George Street, Luton LU1 2RD
5. What are your search turnaround times - and what if my search is urgent?
The current turnaround time for residential searches is between 2 and 3 working days.. However, if your search is urgent and you have a specific deadline to meet that is not incorporated within these time scales, you are encouraged to phone the service on 01582 546042 for an informal chat in the first instance. We are aware of business deadlines and understand the requirements of our customers and will work with you to assist in meeting your target responses. You can also email at at [email protected]
6. I need to cancel my search
We can only cancel a CON29/LLC1 search application providing the request to cancel is made by the original applicant by telephone before 4pm on the first day of receipt.
Luton Borough Council, Town Hall, George Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 2BQ
Tel: 01582 546042 / Document Exchange number DX 5926 Luton 1