Emergency call out Saturday and Sunday
Should you need to register a death out of office hours.
There is an emergency call out service Saturday & Sunday, 9 to 11am, mobile number 07770 636038.
To use this service:
- you will need a death certificate (Medical Certificate Cause of Death)
- there mustn’t be any referral to the Coroner
- there is no doctor who can issue a medical certificate of cause of death
- the cause of death is unknown
- the cause of death is believed to be unnatural or suspicious
- the death was during an operation
- the death is due to industrial disease or industrial poisoning
- the deceased was in hospital less than 24 hours
The registrar cannot go ahead with the registration until the coroner has issued the necessary clearance/paperwork.
As the coroner does not provide an out of hours service at the weekend the registration will be deferred until the clearance has been received from the
- you must ring the designated number between 9 and 11am
- mobile No. 07770636038