Skip to main content
Luton Borough Council

Report unauthorised gypsy and traveller encampments

You can report an unauthorised encampment by calling the council on 01582 510333. Outside of these hours, please report encampments to Bedfordshire police 101.

An assessment is carried out to establish the encampments:
  • health
  • educational
  • social needs
A decision can then be made as how to manage the encampment. If deemed appropriate, we will liaise with our legal services department and instruct them to commence legal action to evict the encampment if necessary.
Allegations of criminal damage are a matter for the police to investigate and for the CPS to prosecute. Any queries in relation to this should therefore be directed to the police.
© 2024 Luton Council, Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ