Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
The Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG) is a one-off grant of up to £6,000 to support hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses. The application closing date is 18 March 2022 and final payments will be made by 31 March 2022.
It's for businesses on the local ratings list on 30 December 2021 with a rateable value (RV):
- of exactly £15,000 or under – will receive a payment of £2,667
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 – will receive £4,000
- of exactly £51,000 and over – will receive £6,000
This scheme will be administered in line with government requirements.
Grants are available for businesses that:
- have a business rates account as of Thursday 30 December 2021
- operate within the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors
- Food courts
- Public houses/pub restaurants
- Roadside restaurants
- Wine bars
- Casinos and gambling clubs
- Art galleries
- Stately homes and historic houses
- Events venues
- Nightclubs and discotheques
- Concert halls
- Zoos and safari parks
- Amusement parks
- Tourist attractions
- Theme parks
- Amusement arcades
- Wedding venues
- Soft play centres or areas
- Clubs and institutions
- Village halls, scout and cadet huts
- Caravan parks
- Caravan sites and pitches
- Chalet parks
- Coaching inns
- Country house hotels
- Guest houses
- Boarding houses
- Holiday apartments, cottages, or bungalows
- Canal boats or other vessels
- Catered holiday homes
- Holiday homes
Businesses will only be eligible where their main service falls within hospitality, leisure, or accommodation.
If your business operates services that could be considered hospitality, leisure or accommodation, and falls into another category, the main service will be determined by assessing which category constitutes 50% or more of the overall income.
The following exclusions apply:
- hospitality - the definition of a hospitality business should exclude food kiosks and businesses whose main service (generating 50% or more of income) is a takeaway
- leisure - all retail businesses, coach tour operators, tour operators, and gyms and sports businesses where physical exercise or training is conducted on an individual basis or group basis
- accommodation - the definition of an accommodation business should exclude private dwellings, education accommodation, residential homes, care homes, residential family centres and beach huts
Who isn’t eligible?
The following businesses are not eligible for funding under this scheme:
- business that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
- businesses that were not registered for business rates on Thursday 30 December 2021
- businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of Covid-19 business grants subsidy allowances (more information about subsidy control)
The OHLG will support eligible businesses with one-off grants of up to £6,000. The following thresholds apply for businesses occupying premises with the following rateable values on 30 December 2021:
- exactly £15,000 or under on will receive a payment of £2,667
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £4,000
- exactly £51,000 and over will receive a payment of £6,000
Before you start
You'll need to supply the following with your application:
- electronic version of your latest bank statement - this is to protect your business against fraud and error
- 9 digit business rates reference - this begins with a 1 and can be found on your latest business rates bill
- 15 digit business rates property reference - this begins with a 2 and can also be found on your latest bill
- Companies House registration number (if applicable)
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- 5 digit high level SIC code* - to find this, type your company name, number or officer name into the 'find company information' link on the Companies House homepage
*Please note: you still use Companies House to access the SIC code that matches your type of business, even if you're not registered with them.
How do I apply?
Click the button below to apply for this grant.
The deadline for applications for the OHLG is 28 February 2022.