Filming in Luton
We welcome film companies to our town, both to locate here and to film. Parts of Luton look and feel similar to parts of London, both in terms of make up of population and the actual built environment.
- a wide ranging supply chain
- easy access to a broad customer base
- excellent infrastructure
- world class skills
Application to film
Luton has over one hundred and forty areas of green open space, ranging from pocket parks and green spaces to some of the larger parks and recreation grounds. If you wish to film in one of the larger parks or recreation grounds, you will be required to submit a physical plan marking the area you wish to film in.
Applications received more than five working days before the date of filming.
Small scale productions (less than 10 crew members)
- Up to one hour - £175
- Half day rate (between one and five hours) - £400
- Full day rate - £700
Large scale productions (10 or more crew members)
- Half day rate (between one and five hours) - £1,200
- Full day rate - £2,000
- Student filming as part of a recognised academic course - 100 per cent discount on receipt of evidence and application form
- Charities - 100 per cent discount on receipt of evidence and application form
Proof of public liability insurance of at least £10m for the period of filming will be required and a risk assessment for all sites.
VAT applicable as standard
- Filming in any of Luton’s parks will incur an additional fee of £50
- Hourly rate for advice - M graded officers - £78 ++ per hour/part thereof
Please note: the above fees do not include road closure charges or temporary traffic orders. Charges for other direct costs may apply.
For applications received up to five days before the date of filming a 10 per cent surcharge on fees will apply.