Filming in Luton
We welcome film companies to our town, both to locate here and to film. Parts of Luton look and feel similar to parts of London, both in terms of make up of population and the actual built environment.
- a wide ranging supply chain
- easy access to a broad customer base
- excellent infrastructure
- world class skills
Luton has over one hundred and forty areas of green open space, ranging from pocket parks and green spaces to some of the larger parks and recreation grounds. If you wish to film in one of the larger parks or recreation grounds, you will be required to submit a physical plan marking the area you wish to film in.
See the 'parks and open spaces in Luton' page for more details.
For information about filming at London Luton Airport, please see the information page on their website: Filming & photography at the airport
Applications received more than five working days before the date of filming.
Small scale productions (less than 10 crew members)
- Up to one hour - £200
- Half day rate (between one and five hours) - £460
- Full day rate - £800
Large scale productions (10 or more crew members)
- Half day rate (between one and five hours) - £1,375
- Full day rate - £2,350
- Student filming as part of a recognised academic course - 100 per cent discount on receipt of evidence and application form
- Charities - 100 per cent discount on receipt of evidence and application form
Proof of public liability insurance of at least £10m for the period of filming will be required and a risk assessment for all sites.
VAT applicable as standard
- Filming in any of Luton’s parks will incur an additional fee of £50
- Hourly rate for advice - M graded officers - £910 ++ per hour/part thereof
Please note: the above fees do not include road closure charges or temporary traffic orders. Charges for other direct costs may apply.
For applications received up to five days before the date of filming a 10 per cent surcharge on fees will apply.
Applications need to be received based on the below timeframes.
- 3 months notice for major/large scale productions
- 2 months notice for medium scale productions
- 5 to 10 days notice for small scale productions
Please note: applications not giving at least this notice may not be processed in time and will incur a 10% surcharge on fees.
If you are looking for a shorter turnaround time, please request a call back from a member of the filming team by emailing [email protected] to discuss.
Lights, camera, action!
Your home could be just what filmmakers are looking for, whether it’s a flat or a suburban semi, modern office or manor house. If your property is based in England outside London and could accommodate filming, find out more and register on Creative England’s free database or call 020 8324 2311 for more information.
Registration is also free for local facilities and crews, so whether you are an experienced professional or new entrant, an established business or start-up company, register on the database so we can put productions in touch with you.
Application to film
To film in Luton, please complete the Apply to film in Luton form by selecting the button below