Manage your council tax and benefits online
Online services for council tax and benefits have been moved and are no longer available from MyAccount. Please see below for information on how to access these services.
We're making improvements to the online services available under MyAccount. The services will be moved to new locations on the council website to make them easier to access.
Over the coming weeks, we will be making changes that will affect:
- the look of the login/registration page
- the removal of services from MyAccount
- where you will need to access these services from the council website
We expect minimal disruption to existing services whilst we carry out these improvements, so please check back here often to find out the latest updates on these changes.
You'll be able to login using the existing username (this is usually your email address) and password you registered with. You may be asked to reset your password.
Details of your Council Tax and/or Housing Benefit will be available from their new location and will no longer be available in MyAccount.
To apply for or view Council Tax and benefits online, you will first need to register online. Note: upon first login, you may be prompted to reset your password. The following services are available:
- View details of you council tax account
- Check balances and make payments
- Set up direct debit to pay council tax
Council Tax Reduction
- View details of your claim
- Check your entitlement
- Apply for and view details of your claim
- Check when the next housing benefit is due
- Check the make up of the household
- Check any overpayments outstanding
Register online in three easy steps
Step 1: Provide your email address
Step 2: Create a password
Step 3: Select your services
Having problems signing in?
Providing supporting documents
Please note: you will be asked to upload documents to support your application through a separate link: luton.gov.uk/documents. This page has guidance on the types of documents we accept and more, as well as a link to upload your proofs.